Property Investment in Portugal
In Portugal, you must purchase a qualifying property. You must buy the property outright, without taking out a loan or a mortgage. To meet the minimum investment requirement, you can buy multiple properties.
You can buy a house for your own use or as an investment property to rent out.
There are four categories with different investment levels:
• €280,000 Properties with 30 years with renovation in low-density areas.
• €350,000 Properties with 30 years with renovation.
• €400,000 For all other properties in low-density areas.
• €500,000 For all other properties in Portugal.
Although it is a popular choice, the property does not have to be a residential home to qualify for the program. Commercial real estate is also acceptable.
Capital Investment in the Portuguese economy
• €350,000 Into private equity or venture capital funds.
• €1,000,000 Capital transfer to the Portuguese bank account.
• €350,000 To increase or incorporate the share capital of a Portuguese company. This must also lead to the creation of five permanent jobs for at least three years.
Start a company and hire Portuguese nationals
A no-minimum-investment option is also available, you can qualify by investing for at least five years in a company that creates and holds at least ten jobs.